Dear Parents and Students,
Edwardsburg High School is located in Southwestern Michigan and serves a socio-
economic diverse population of approximately 880 students in grades nine through
twelve. Our school is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and
Secondary Schools with worldwide accreditation being obtained spring of 2016.
Edwardsburg High School has also received Blue Ribbon recognition by both the
Michigan Department of Education and the United States Department of Education.
We constantly strive to provide our students with both academic and extracurricular
experiences that will maximize their potential as learners and citizens. In addition to
traditional classes, we provide our students with a wide variety of learning opportunities.
These experiences include world languages, business, personal fitness, fine arts, visual
and industrial arts. We have a highly regarded fine arts program which includes Art,
Band, Choir, and Drama experiences that are supported by a state-of- the-art
Performing Arts Center.
Thousands of virtual classes are available to our students in our Edwardsburg Early
College and Edwardsburg Middle College. Students may also elect to attend classes for
college credit offered at Southwestern Michigan College, Indiana University-South
Bend, or attend classes at the Berrien County Math-Science Center located at Andrews
University. Students may also earn Advanced Placement Credits through our
Edwardsburg Early College or classes taught in the High School. We take great pride in
knowing our graduates are able to further their education at the college and university
Our students can seek career and technical training through programs offered at the
Elkhart Area Career Center. We also provide an Alternative Learning Program for
students who require a non-traditional approach to learning.
Many club and activity opportunities allow students choices, including an athletic
program that provides students the chance to participate in sixteen varsity sports.
The positive academic and personal development of each student is our top priority.
Some of our highlights from the 2016-17 school-year include:
- 36 students served as elementary mentors
- 148 juniors and seniors earned college credit
- 86% seniors applied to post-secondary education
- 19 local scholarships were awarded to 35 seniors
- Class of 2017 earned over $2.3 million in scholarships.
- 20 Southwestern Michigan College Scholarships
- 103 seniors received recognition at the Senior Honors Convocation
- 39 Students were inducted into the National Honor Society
- 5 students named to National Vocational Technical Honor Society
- Science Olympiad team finished 2nd in regionals and qualified for state for the 15 th year
in a row
- Our FIRST Robotics team, the Iron Giants #5069, qualified for the State Competition.
- Bella Vocce and Varsity Chorale each received a First Division rating with Superior
Distinction qualifying for the State Competition.
- Three performances of “Sally Cotter and the Censored Stone” for the fall play.
- Three performances of “Fiddler on the Roof” for the spring musical.
- College information night for parents and students.
- Student Council led another successful food drive in November 2016 with over 15,000
items collected for the local food pantry.
- SADD hosted the fall Spook-a- thon for the community.
- National Honor Society students raised over $30,000 for Operation Christmas and
sponsored three blood drives.
- Marching Band
- Division I Rating at MSBOA Festival
- Qualified for the MCBA State Finals at Ford Field in Detroit
- Concert Band
- Division I Rating at MSBOA Festival
We thank you for the opportunity to educate your child and look forward to the new
highlights during 2017-2018 school year!
Edwardsburg High School